Brindavan Gardens (KRS)
Brindavan Gardens of Mysore is undeniably one of the best terrace gardens in the world.
Spread across an area of 60 acres, Brindavan Gardens is at the bottom of the Krishnaraja Sagara Dam (KRS), across the river Cauvery. Modelled on the Shalimar Gardens of Kashmir, the garden entices visitors with its lush green lawns, terraces, flower beds, topiary and multihued fountains. Today, the Brindavan Gardens is world-famous for its ethereal beauty and grandeur. An endless expanse of green, dotted with colourful blooms, the terraced gardens are well laid and admired for their symmetrical design. The highlight for visitors, however, is the famed musical fountain which is a water ballet of sorts, with lights and music and is played every evening for the tourists.
Krishnaraja Sagara Dam (KRS): The engineers and planners of the erstwhile Mysuru State had envisioned this dam, with many objectives in mind like providing drinking water to Mysuru/ adjacent places, to supply water to the hydro-electric power station at Shivasamudra and for a continuous supply of Cauvery water for irrigational purposes. Due to the hard work and expertise of great visionaries like Bharat Ratna Sir M. Vishweshwaraya, T Ananda Rao, Sir Mirza Ismail and other engineers. the dam work was completed between 1911-1932. The dam is 8600 feet in length and 130 feet in height.
- Garden: Laid out in 3 terraces, the garden is full of splendour. As the sun sets, the colorful lights and captivating showers of fountains turn this garden into a paradise. The musical fountain that showcases the synchronized movement of water to the mesmerizing music leaves everyone spellbound. Apart from this, other popular attractions include illuminated flower beds and open spaces to relax and unwind.Spread over 60 acres, it is a well-maintained botanical garden with an array of exotic flowers. You can find Ficus Tres, Foliage Plants such as Duranta and Euphorbia, and flowering plants like Celosia, Marigold, and Bougainvillea. Not only this, but it also has Topiary works, Pergolas, and much more.
- Multi terrace structure: Brindavan Gardens elevation increases as one walks closer towards KRS Dam. The elevation offers an excellent view of the garden below.
- Children Park: An area for kids
- Nursery: Nursery houses saplings of several flower plants and trees. Visitors can purchase seeds and saplings.
- Lake & Boating: Visitors can enjoy a boat ride in the lake. It is open from 6 AM to 8 PM everyday.
- Photo opportunity: Extremely picturesque Brindavan garden has been featured in hundreds of movies and offers excellent photo opportunities.
- Musical Fountain: Brindavan garden is famous for well-orchestrated musical fountain show, held after sunset every day.
Fees & Tarrifs
Garden Entry Fee
Brindavan Gardens Mysore Timings
Monday to Sunday : 8AM – 8PM
Daily Evening lighting at Brindavan Garden from
7:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
Evening lighting at Brindavan Garden on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday is from 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Evening lighting at Brindavan Garden on Saturday & Sunday is from 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM